welcome to store.sony.com. we apologize but this site is not yet accessible for our visually impaired customers. in order to provide you the best possible service, please call one eight hundred two two two seven six six nine for assistance.
Crank up volume and experience your movies with sensational s
urround sound. The DAV-HDX589W BRAVIA®
theater system boasts an integrated 5 DVD/CD changer, 1000
watts of room-filling power, and an included iPod®
dock. With the included S-AIR™ wireless rear amplifier
(WAHT-SA10), you can now hear powerful sound from behind you without
running wires. What's more, you're able to control a select number of BRAVIA
televisions with BRAVIA Sync via the HDMI™ interface—and
it all works through one remote control (included). And for amazing picture
quality, the HDMI interface upscales DVD media up to 1080p.
FREE YOUR AUDIO
This home theater system is equipped with S-AIR technology
which allows you to fill your room with sound, not cables.
Plus, you can stream music in up to 10 rooms of your home.
Learn More about S-AIR
S-AIR™ Surround Wireless
Easy, faster and convenient way of setting up rear wireless speakers. That means no messy speaker cables to hide under the carpet, and no installation required as set-up is very simple.
Enjoy and experience multi-room listening that is expandable up to 10 rooms in the home.
Enough power to get the most from the included speakers and subwoofer
Special feature to clearly hear dialogue, for example, there are dialogues in movies that are hard to hear or understand like whisper. With Night mode, you can hear even whispered words. It's a convenient feature to have especially at night time; you do not need to reach out for the remote control to replay or up the volume to hear the dialogue
DIGITAL MEDIA PORT
Ability to connect and playback iPod®9, Walkman® MP3 Player, PC and Bluetooth-enabled devices through the Digital Media Port
One simple cable for both audio and video which allows for an easy setup
Optimizes audio coming from any Digital Media Port devices
Connect Sony products with HDMI and use one button from one remote to switch the right input and begin playing
Weights and Measurements
Dimensions (Approx.) :
4.1" x 6.5" x 3.7" (103x164x94mm)
2. DVD Media and Formats are not universally compatible
4. Requires HDTV with HDMI™ connector and equivalent display capability. Image quality will vary.
5. Each product must include BRAVIA® Sync™ feature. Please refer to owner’s manual for compatibility.
6. Not all Bluetooth® enabled products may communicate with each other.
7. Requires DIGITAL MEDIA PORT accessory compatible with the device (sold separately).
8. Transmits up to 164 feet. Signal and sound quality may vary.
9. iPod® support is limited based upon which optional Digital Media Port is being used. The unit will support the following players: iPod® touch, iPod® classic, iPod® Nano 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation, iPod® 4th& 5th generation &iPod® Mini. The TDM-IP 50 adds iPhone™ support as well.
Sony, BRAVIA, Bravia Sync, Walkman, and Remote Commander are trademarks of Sony. HDMI and the HDMI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. All weights and measures are approximate.
Sony Rewards is a free loyalty program with many ways to earn, including earning at least 1 point per $1 spent when you shop at Sony Store. To earn points on your purchase, simply log in or join now to link your Sony Rewards account to a Sony Store account. Click here to learn more. You can also log in or enroll to earn points after completing your Sony Store online purchase.