Playstation 2 Review
I've always loved sony for how long their products last. I honestly don't need a game system that has all those advanced features. So if you're like me and you don't need a game system that needs all those advanced features then buy this product. But the PS2 based on speed stinks I mean I had it for about 4-5 years but I except something faster in speed from Sony.
February 21, 2012
The king of gaming consoles.
I've had three PlayStation 2's in the last 10 years. I had the first one for six years without a single problem. Even after the abuse it took from six people using it, animals, and just general wear and tear, the system still worked perfectly.
The games for PS2 are some of the best, and the system doubles as a DVD player, which is a definite plus. But, as it's an older console, there are only a few features. The networking capabilities are very limited,
The unit runs cool and quiet, and has no problem being on for many hours(though this isn't a good idea either way). I've had a few memory cards go out on me, forcing me to start from scratch, so that's something to look out for.
Overall, I love this system, it's on of the best out there and has been for many years. It will be a shame to see it go.
September 8, 2011
5 reasons to buy PS2 in 2011
Ok so its already 2011 out there. And this came out when? In 2000 (yes, in the last millenium)! The slim console version came out in 2004. So why get it in 2011, and why Sony still makes it? Afterall there is PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, etc. Here are 5 reasons:
1. It is still FUN to play it. If you are looking for a quality fun time, and not for the best-in-the-hood-bragging-sizzlin-hot console get PS2. The quality of the game play is more than just graphics performance; it is also well and thoughtfully developed games, which there are plenty of. (Look, if it was not a fun device, it would not be the BEST SELLING CONSOLE OF ALL TIMES with over 150 million units sold).
2. Games selection. There are currently 2015 titles available for the system and 1.52 billion PS2 titles have been sold since launch. You will sure finds LOTS OF GAME CHOICES. And the best part a lot of them are fun games, like the GTA series with the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas being the best.
3. Value. Unless you live of your credit card or your parents wallet (which I am not either), you prolly think about $$ you spend. PS2 is the best bang for the buck for two key reasons: the console itself is only $99 and the games are not as expensive as those for newer systems. You can also rediscover a lot of games buying them used.
4. Discover eBay! Yes, the online auction site is a great place to buy used titles for this system. You can get a used DVD with a game for anything from $1 to about $15 (most I ever paid for a game myself, but there are more expensive ones available). I practically stocked up on all my games at eBay for less than a $100.
5. Think VINTAGE. It is not only bikes, cars, and furniture that can be vintage classic fashion. Video game systems are too! If you are 21+ in age, then it will be like being back to your teenage years, and if you are younger than check out what gaming was before the 360 and Wii.
Bottom line: this is an easy way to set up a fun gaming night for your next get together with friends and be in style.
Disclaimer: I do not work for Sony, do not get any compensation from them. I just love quality products and that's what Sony is still good at, so I give them this shout out. Facts are taken from Wikipedia PS2 article.
June 14, 2011
I love it.
February 3, 2011