Reader Daily Edition
This is my first reader.I considered the others but was swayed by Sony's reputation.I've bought a few books through Sony's Reader Store, but have also bought from other stores.I have had no problem loading those books to my reader.The Google book collection is another plus.The page turn response is great.I've read in bright sunlight with out any problem.Glare is not an issue.So far, this seems to be a great purchase.
November 14, 2010
WHY I LOVE MY SONY E-READER!
I am an teacher and a bookworm. I love the smell and the feel of a good book in my hands. This is why I was initially reluctant to try even using, let alone, owning an E-Reader, but, once I actually received one as a gift, I fell in love .....with my Sony PRS-950SC Daily Edition and now, after over 100+ e-book purchases, I own an education blog where I have posted my Sony reviews.
The following review was written in June of 2012, after I had been asked multiple times about my E-Reader (which is no longer available for purchase).
I again had contact with Sony during the spring of 2013 when my reader was stolen. In a subsequent review regarding the Sony E-Reader, I review the service I received from Sony in June of 2013. Both reviews are included - 100+ E-books later - at Teachingbookworm.com - See more at: http://www.teachingbookworm.com/details.php?id=14
October 13, 2013
10 step away frm being the ULTIMATE READING DEVICE
This device is just 10 steps away from being the Ultimate Reading Device. Here is a wish-list to make that happen:
1. To be the ULTIMATE READING DEVICE, it has to champion in all three form of reading: Books, Magazine/Newspapers, Internet.
Should have faster web browsing, Email reading including attachments. Social Media integration like Facebook/Twitter.
2. E-ink Triton color display is MUST HAVE
3. More refined and faster PDF experince, partial page refresh, readability of Scientific articles having multiple graphs, charts, diagrams. Notes made on books(including PDFs) should be viewable in other devices as well.
4. Bunch of Default Apps like Kindle app, Notes, Calendar, meeting organizer, Stock Ticker etc. A few default games like Sudoku, Crosswords, Poker, Chess, Packman would be just nice
5. Text to speech (better punctuated than kindle)
6. Expand Reader Store, Add more titles, add more Free titles as well
7. Motion Sensor/Accelerometer : Landscape to portrait and vice verse on rotation of device
8. Carrier independent Internationally available 3G
9. Keep same metal finish sturdy build, but make appearance mat-finished grey and white. Keep weight within 250 grams
10. Competitively Price it within US$ 150.
February 24, 2012
Worse purchase ever
I have to say that Sony's warranty policy is good. I purchased my Daily Edition Ereader in March. I had problems with it so I went through the exchange department and received a new replacement because my purchase was still within the 30-day window to receive a new unit replacement. It was slow, sluggish, and various identical problems that other owners who have left reviews have experienced as well. Just pick any problem. Doesn't matter. I had some of any of the problems that others experienced with each of any one replacement I received. Customer service was very helpful I must say, but before I gave up on this unit I went through two more replacements, and all three units were inferior. I really wanted to keep the unit, however, I believe it should have performed better considering the $300 price tag. This saga started on March 11, 2011. This is now July 21, and I am happily awaiting my refund of which I should receive in three more weeks due to Sony's process of refunding. The price tag for this reader is definitely overpriced. I really wouldn't recommend the Daily Edition. Looks great, but that's about it unfortunately.
July 21, 2011