NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sony Product Review Sweepstakes #1 described herein (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who at the time of entry are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of majority in their state of residence, who have recently purchased a Sony product. Employees (and their immediate families, defined as spouse, parents, children, and siblings) of Sony Electronics Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, Harte Hanks, The A Team L.L.C. (“Administrator”), and persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 5, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Entry Commencement”). Entries received prior to the Sweepstakes Entry Commencement will not be valid. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 5, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Entry Deadline”).
- HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) method of entry. To enter: Visit www.store.sony.com to register or sign-in to your already existing Sony account. Once signed-in to your account, search for your recently purchased product on the Sony website or in your order history. Once you select the applicable Sony product, you will write and submit a review. Successful submission of a review will automatically enter you into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address throughout the duration of the Sweepstakes. Harte Hanks’ computer will be the official time keeper for the Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS: One (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about October 13, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Administrator, an independent judging organization. Winners will be notified by email on or about October 20, 2014. If the notification email is undeliverable or if winner does not respond to it within five (5) days of sending, he/she may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in his/her place. Any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and/or a publicity release. Failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: One (1) prize is available: A $500 online Sony gift card. Sony terms and conditions may apply to the prize. Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes due as a result of receipt of prize. Prize may not be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Total estimated retail value of available prize: $500.00.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes at random from among the eligible, nonsuspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor, Harte Hanks and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incomplete, undelivered, or damaged entries and such entries will be void. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Entering the Sweepstakes and accepting the prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the prize winner for advertising and publicity purposes related to announcing the prize winners without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Harte Hanks, Administrator and each of their respective parents, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and their advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines (including but not limited to disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention); (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, garbled, illegible, undelivered, or damaged entries, email, or mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-ofpocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sony Product Review Sweepstakes #1” Winners List, PO Box 1916, New York, NY, 10016. Requests must be received no later than November 31, 2014. Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16530 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 Administrator: The A Team L.L.C., 232 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016