Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 12
Rated 4 out of 5 by OscarLeif Nice laptop you must update the drivers, windows
Well I bought this laptop and knowing about the issues with the wireless.
But I only have to update to windows 8.1 and then update the drivers, of course inside the driver you have to "Disable the "HT Mode" " Don't know what is that, but I can download up to 1 Mb per second, even 3 Mb but my internet is not that fast, I have to test that with local WLAN. If you follow this recommendations you will no have problems later.
I love the design the battery have a nice life, is tiny, and the screen wow, I love the contrast. Oh the rapid wake is amazing just like a tablet only turn on, and the computer is ready.
A nice tip is update the computer using a Ethernet Cable, because the default drivers doesn't work well with windows 8, work amazing with windows 8.1. But using the wireless with windows 8, will be slowly. That's not Sony fault. Is intel fault, Other devices like the Yoga pad have the same problem. But the drivers work fine with windows 8.1
February 23, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by JJ2640 Garbage - DO NOT BUY
If you want a headache buy this machine - otherwise go elsewhere. Had this piece of garbage for two days. ARGH>...... You need to spend at least 6 hours installing updates over and over again because the don't take. Then the touchscreen goes demon - seriously it goes into hyper - demon mode endlessly switching from window to window. Then after 3 "tech encounters from H..." they finally "calibrate the screen" which stops the hyper demon attacks, but you are left with a touchscreen from h... that responds to touch 85% of the time. OMG - what a horrible product. I bought a sony desktop all in one 8 weeks ago and it is great - can't believe this laptop is so terrible. Tech is horrible -- Argh... will they take it back????????? please help!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE of GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 15, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by BaseballBob73 Do not buy
I thought at first this was a wonderful machine until it overheated and the screen cracked under normal use. I would have been able to deal with the cracked screen until I was informed it would cost the same amount to buy a new computer as repair the cracked screen. I will be buying a new computer but it will not be a Vaio and it will not be a Sony.
February 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pankaj It amazing laptop with so many good innovation!!
If I would say, "I spent more than 6 months on R&D on features & innovation before I finally bought this laptop" than you may think twice. I'm IT professanal but I bought this laptop for personal use. Other than few exception this laptop is exceptionally good compare to other available laptops in the market in the same range.
What I liked in this laptop:
1. Keyboard light is really nice, it really makes it very trendy.
2. Graphics- HD color and resolution really makes you feel that you are watching live show with such vivid color.
3. The 360 rotation or flip is really amazing and I found it very cool. It's really a step ahead towards next gen innovation. It works very well as tablet but because of size and weight you can't hold in your hand for so long.
4. Sony is always known for good quality sound and this laptop stands true with this feature.
5. Battery back-up also looks good but it could have been little better.
What I didn't like or it could have been better:
1. The price is on the higher side compare to it's compititor laptop in the same range.
2. The bottom 2 side corner stand makes you uncomfortable when you keep it in your lap. How come such things were ignored.
3. The fan makes noise sometime but it's normal with all laptops including Apple. I've HP laptops which always makes noise but good thing with this laptop is, it only starts running fast and make noise when CPU/processor utilization is very high. But I think, this should be taken into consideration. But it's still managable.
Finally, I would say - with so many great features I liked this very much. It's worth having such innovation and we #including my spouse# really enjoying this laptop. I hope the other side of this laptop will surely be looked into by SONY to come with something great. After my 6 month of research and looking into so many alternatives I feel this laptop is still worth buying. So enjoy!!
February 14, 2014