55" Class (54.6" diag) W900A Internet TV
BUYERS BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!!!!!
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING (WERE DO I EVEN START)
MY NAME IS FRANCO COCOZZELLI LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT WHEN YOU FIRST CALL TO PLACE AN ORDER THEY WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR YOU. BUT ONCE YOU CONFIRM THE ORDER IT IS ALL DOWN HILL FROM THERE.
(I WILL NUMBER ALL THE EVENTS I WENT THROUGH)
1. PURCHASED A W900A ON MARCH 3RD AND GOT IT ON TIME, TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX AND SET UP THE TV. UPON SETTING IT UP I NOTICED WITHIN A FEW HOURS THAT THERE WAS SOME SORT OF BLOTCHY' NESS AROUND THE SCREEN. KINDA LOOKED LIKE CLOUDS ON REALLY DARK SCENES. I CALLED UP SONY EXPLAINED MY PROBLEM AND THEY TOLD ME THAT WAS NORMAL. NOTHING ABOUT THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED NORMAL ESPECIALLY IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A $2000.00 TV. SO A FEW PHONE CALLS LATER I GOT THEM TO SEND ME A NEW TV.
2. RECEIVED THE NEW TV BEGINNING OF APRIL SAME TV W900A. AND AGAIN I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS, NOT AS MUCH AS THE FIRST ONE BUT ENOUGH TO SEE IT AND NOT LIKE IT. CALLED BACK SONY WITHIN HOURS BECAUSE NOW I KNOW WHAT I'AM LOOKING FOR. ON THE PHONE FOR 1HR THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD SEND OUT A TECH TO SEE MY TV BECAUSE I WAS PAST MY 30 DAY MANUFACTURE WARRANTY. I SAID HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE I GOT A BRAND NEW TV WHICH CARRIES A NEW 30 DAY WARRANTY FOR REASONS LIKE THIS. THEY TOLD ME THEY PLACED THE TV ON THE OLD TV'S WARRANTY AND ORDER NUMBER. LOL. I HUNG UP WITH THEM AFTER FIGHTING AND ARGUING AND GETTING NOWHERE.
3. FEW DAYS LATER I SEE THE XBR55850A 4K TV FOR $2299.99 ONLINE I CALL THEM UP AND TELL THEM I WOULD LIKE TO RETURN THE W900A AND UPGRADE TO A NEW TV AND PAY FOR IT, I WASN'T LOOKING FOR ANY DISCOUNT OR ANYTHING. I JUST WANTED TO GET A NICE TV AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS. THE REP TOLD ME I CANT RETURN MY TV EVEN THOUGH I WAS SPENDING MORE MONEY. IT WAS PAST THE 30 DAY WARRANTY. I FOUGHT AGAIN AND GOT A SUPERVISOR TO HEAR ME OUT. 2 HOURS LATER HE AGREES TO RETURN MY TV AND PLACE THE ORDER FOR ME. HE THEN TELLS ME THAT I HAVE TO RETURN MY W900A WAIT 5-7 DAYS FOR THE ORDER TO PROCESS THEN WAIT 2 DAYS FOR A NEW ORDER TO BE CREATED THEN 5-7 DAYS FOR SHIPMENT AND IT TO GET TO MY HOUSE. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD AND ASKED IF THEY COULD PROCESS A RETURN OVER THE PHONE AND SEND ME THE NEW TV WHEN THEY PICK UP THE OLD TV. HE SAID NO WITHOUT HESITATION. HE THEN PUT ME ON HOLD AND WITHIN 10 SECONDS THE PHONE GOT DISCONNECTED (HUNG UP ON)
4. CALLED BACK THE NEXT DAY APRIL 15TH AND FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO HELP ME. WELL SO I THOUGHT. WE AGREED ON EVERYTHING FROM THE RETURN TO THE SHIPPING TO THE PRICE. I GOT A REFERENCE NUMBER AND WAS FINALLY HAPPY. THE NEXT MORNING I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THAT THERE WAS A PICK UP SCHEDULED FOR A RETURN BUT THAT'S IT NOTHING WAS WRITTEN DOWN AS A NEW TV COMING. I WAS PIST
5. CALLED BACK TODAY APRIL 17TH SPOKE TO A SALES REP THAT TOLD ME THAT NOTHING WAS PLACED FOR A NEW TV ONLY A RETURN PICK UP. THEN HE TOLD ME THAT THEY COULD NOT HONOR THE PRICE OF $2299.99 BECAUSE THE INTERNET PRICE IS FOR $2499.99 AND THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY. I TOLD HIM TO LOOK AT THE NOTES AND SEE WHAT WAS DISCUSSED YESTERDAY AND JUST WRITE ME UP FOR THE NEW TV. HE AGAIN TOLD ME NO. I JUST WANTED TO GET OFF THE PHONE WITH HIM I AGREED TO PAY MORE, I HAD TO PAY $300.00 OUT OF POCKET BECAUSE I HAD A CERTAIN AMOUNT ON MY GE FINANCE CARD. AGAIN HE TELLS ME NO, THEY CANT DO THAT. I CANT USE 2 CREDIT CARDS. I WOULD HAVE TO BUY A GIFT CARD THE AMOUNT OWED AND USE THAT. AND IF THERE IS A PROBLEM AND I NEED TO RETURN THE TV I WOULD GET MY CREDIT BACK ON A GIFT CARD FOR SONY ONLY. MAKES NO SENSE SO I DIDN'T END UP BUYING ANYTHING. AND HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT THAT TV WAS NEVER ON SALE FOR $2299.99 SO NOW THEY ARE CALLING ME A LIAR. SO FED UP WITH THIS EXPERIENCE I TOLD THEM TO PICK UP THE TV AND CREDIT ME BACK. HE TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD NOT DO THAT, THEY WILL PICK UP THE TV AND SEND ME OUT A REPLACEMENT TV BECAUSE MY 30 DAYS WAS UP BECAUSE THEY CONTINUE TO PUT THE NEW TV UNDER THE OLD TV WARRANTY. SO EVERYTHING WAS FOR NOTHING AND THEY DON'T WANT TO HELP ME OUT. I MEAN I WAS WILLING TO SPEND MORE MONEY WITH THEM AND I DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING FOR FREE AND I WASN'T ASKING FOR ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY. THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH SONY ONLINE.
April 17, 2014
As an audiophile, here is my story: Designed my entertainment rm 2005, with a 43.5 Pioneer Elite Plasma.. great tv.. moved it to the living rm 2009 perfect fit, it had to stay...also have Sony 32" LED for bedroom.. A few yrs later, time to research for replacement (ETrm), the W900A, was my final choice in Oct 2013. The picture is a totally new experience.. the streaming is quick ...the audio is a little weak, but with a Yamaha RX-V1 8.1 still in operation, tv audio was not important... have not tried the 3D yet.. No real hurry.. plan to enjoy this for years.....
March 19, 2014
Where do I start when it come's to the 55W900A? First I will start with the design. A thin quartz cut border, gloss screen, chrome pedestal gives the tv a beautiful and elegant design which makes it a show piece in any living room. At the heart though of the W900 is its picture quality which is simply stunning in every way possible. I don't know if its because of the Triluminous feature or what but the colors just pop with life like Realism, its like your looking out a window. With the W900 Sony went out of its way to make one of the best HDTV's I have ever owned. Its a work of art, its a master piece of technology and to me its simply stunning. I am a proud owner of the W900 and for those that are on the fence about buying one? Get it because you wont be disappointed. Oh and on a side note.....3D movie watching never looked as good as it does when watching 3D on the W900.
March 4, 2014
Arguably the Best LED Set Money can Buy!
Being an avid gamer, I was looking for an HDTV that could stand up the demands of today's gaming platforms. Sony has advertised that, according to Cnet, their w900a HDTV is "The Best HDTV for Gamers". I am writing to confirm that this statement isn't just some bold attempt at advertising: it happens to be true.
While I admit that I haven't spent a whole lot of time with the set, I can say with confidence that this HDTV is absolutely incredible for anyone who is looking for a set to game on. The color reproduction and black levels are dangerously close to plasma quality, and setting the set into Game or Graphics mode delivers a lightning fast 17ms of input lag, which makes it ideal for fast paced FPS and fighting games.
If you're looking for an HDTV for your game room, or bedroom, or whatever, I strongly suggest you plop down the dough for the w900a. You will be glad you did!
February 21, 2014