Rated 3 out of 5 by 21
Rated 1 out of 5 by ArtFufkin Avoid it!
Avoid this computer like the plague! Too many problems to list. Sony service is terrible.
May 2, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Pro13s My Last Sony ( Please don't delete this again)
:DONT DELETE THIS :
I posted this before but they deleted.
I was sold for world's lightest laptop but truth is peice of junk. bought 2 of this silver and black for almost $2k each.
1. Fan going crazy when playing HD movie and when it is, computer gets slower cracking movie frames. can't really watch HD movies. Expereinced Sony FAN problem long time ago but thought they have fixed this problem over the years but stay same.
2. WIFI is constantly on and off. and can't get signal from range. whereas my cell phone and Galaxy note takes perfectly. (this is the biggest issue : They said have solved by updates but... well. my 2 laptops are not working #.
3. no customer service, as soon as i found out laptop has issue with wifi, I took them back to sonylife for return one and exchange one. they have admitted that there is issue on wifi but refuse to take return. guess what
I have used this $2k so-called high tech machine for SD movie player, #not HD, cuz fan noise and heat)
My whole life i have been using camera, TV, monitor , mp3 and all other accessories but this is my last buy.
March 29, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by gecko9 Worst laptop I,ve ever had
I bought it in the US but now I live in Mexico.
The computer has had lots of problems. Most of them have been resolved with proper patches later released by Sony but they take months to release them.
1. Wifi: I couldn't connect wirelessly to my router and the signal strenght moved up and down like crazy. You can't be 10 yards away from the router or the signal will die. My sisters' Mac interfers with my computer wireless internet signal.
2. Fan noise and overheating.
3. I was using my computer today and it suddenly turned off. I thought the battery had ran out of power but when I connect it to the AC power source it didn't charge. I checked the charger and it's power cord (as it says in the product support web page) and everything is fine. The charger led is green and the computer small led that is just beside where you connect the AC charger turns orange for a second and then it turns off. I've tried to turn on the computer and it does turn on but suddenly it turns off.
My whole family has had Vaio computers as I do but they decided to change them for Macs. I told them I was a huge mistake but now it seems I did the mistake by staying with sony.
For almost $2,000 that it cost I expected it t work perfectly since new. Now am one more guinea pig for Sony.
I've had enough.
January 29, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 What's up with all the updates!!!!
Fast system! , however right out of the box I have hundreds of updates ; Microsoft updates and Sony Updates. I brought this laptop a week ago
and updates are behind , over 1 year. Horrible . Took hours to complete.
Can't they just update everything before they shipped the laptop?
January 16, 2014