Action Cam with Wi-Fi
Nice product with great image quality.
It has few cons like:
- long minimum timelapse delay - 5s,
- no tripod mount without case,
- housing needs anti-fog sheets.
But overally I would recommend it ;-).
You can check sample footage:
10 hour long, hardest, most dangerous and most beautiful trail in Polish moutains in 7 minutes. HD and full screen is a must. It's worth watching from the beginning to the end, but real action starts at 0:57. Shot with Sony's Action Cam.
January 18, 2014
Stabilized, 1080p60, slow motion p120 - HDRAS15
1. The stabilizer is a big deal.
2. HD mode 1080p60 now after the firmware upgrade v.3.
3. The Super slow mode 720p120 is a great option.
1. The shape factor: nicely fit into hand grip, but I would prefer rectangle bottom to put on a table.
2. The back door is too loose.
3. The waterproof case is great option for underwater shooting but too big for water-resistant conditions (like snow, some rain). I would make only one back door for everything (battery, memory card, USB, video out, mic) and touch sensitive screen for controls, OR a remote control (for those who has no smart phone). I would also cover the mic with one big waterproof removable plastic screw which one can remove with finger nail or a quarter or dime (or small ridge on the top).
A tight case from soft plastic will probably also make it water-resistant (two oval cylinder caps inserted each in the other (one smaller and one bigger, one with a hole for objective, see the picture attached).
Is it possible to make it a night vision (IR camera) option within same size?
November 10, 2013
great videos stable on handlebar mount took great pics on vacation
October 5, 2013
Sony Action Cam with Wi-Fi
The camera shoots a nice video but we have encountered problems that should not occur. The camera will turn itself on and film. We have learned not to put the battery in the camera until we are ready to film.
With the rubber o-ring around the door, the camera heats up the inside of the case and causes condensation and the case to fog up. We have what we thought would be wonderful video but the video is fogged up. We removed the o-ring from the door and that solved the problem but then the case is not water tight.
September 29, 2013